Bertrand Serlet, the creator of Mac OS X is leaving Apple

Apple has announced that Bertrand Serlet, who led the development of Mac OS X from scratch is leaving Cupertino. Serlet was the senior vice president of Mac Software Engineering at Apple and he will be replaced by Apple’s vice president of Mac Software Engineering, Craig Federighi.

Why is he leaving Apple? Well here is the official version or should I say the version quoted by Apple:

I’ve worked with Steve for 22 years and have had an incredible time developing products at both NeXT and Apple, but at this point, I want to focus less on products and more on science

Serlet joined the innovative company way back in 1997, and played a significant role in defining, developing and creating the Mac OS X which according to Apple is the most advanced operating system the world has used so far.

I would love to believe the reason given by Serlet  but I am finding some difficulty in accepting it as it is. I mean he is leaving at a time when Apple is working on Lion, a major OS X update since the launch of Snow Leopard. Some of you might say that he might be tired as he has spent more than a decade at Apple. My response to this is that even if it is the case don’t you think he could have waited a bit more.



Powered By WizardRSS.com | Full Text Feeds | Amazon PluginsHud-1

0 comments:

Leave a Comment